We hope that we have conveyed to you our commitment to the children of Boardwalk Montessori and the joy we share in their learning experience.
A classroom visit is both encouraged and welcomed so that you may observe our unique approach to learning and receive our information package. We appreciate and thank you for your interest in our school. Our application process follows. Should you need further information regarding our curriculum and philosophy, we would be pleased to help you.
Boardwalk Montessori School Inc. is a co-educational, non-denominational school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, creed, colour or national origin in its admission procedures or educational policies.
Returning Casa students requesting Full Day have priority for admission. All other returning students will be placed either in ½ day morning OR ½ day afternoon. After re-enrolments are received, the remaining places are filled according to Casa places available. This means that we do select according to age, since we have a three year age grouping in both casa classrooms and try to maintain an even balance between the age groups whenever possible.
Children enrolled in our Pre-Casa program have priority for admission into our Casa program. Children attending our Pre-Casa program enrolling in the Casa program will be offered a spot in this order: 1) Full Day Casa, 2) ½ Day Afternoon Casa, 3) ½ Day Morning Casa.
From new applications, children are admitted on the basis of priorities:
- Siblings of children already enrolled in our programs (including Pre-Casa program) have priority for admission in this order: 1) Full Day Casa, 2) ½ Day Afternoon Casa, 3) ½ Day Morning Casa.
- Siblings entering into the Pre-Casa Program are offered either morning or afternoon placement. Please note: Priority consideration to the morning program will be given to families committing to the 4 year Boardwalk Montessori Program.
- New Applications are then selected on a first come, first serve basis with consideration given to siblings and birthdates. This means that the sooner the Waitlist form is received the better the chance of admission. Parents indicate their preference for Full Day Casa, ½ Day Morning (Pre-Casa & Casa) or ½ Day Afternoon (Pre-Casa or Casa) on the Waitlist form. A child will be offered a Full Day Casa or a Morning (Pre-Casa or Casa) or an Afternoon (Pre-Casa or Casa) placement.
- Re-enrolment applications received after the due date (early January) will be considered along with new admissions. New admissions will be considered after the first round of re-admissions has been placed. A Waitlist form must be completed and submitted in order to be considered for enrolment.
- Admission to the 1/2 Day Pre-Casa program, children must be 18 months by September 1st of the enrolling year or by their first day of school. Admission to the Full Day Pre-Casa program, children must be 21 months of age in the calendar year they begin school (i.e. age 21 months by September 1st of the enrolling year or by their first day of school or must turn 2 by December 31st of the enrolling year.)
- Admission to our first year Casa program, children must turn 30 months of age in the calendar year they begin school (e.g. age 30 months by September 1st of the enrolling school year or by their first day of school).
- We admit children that require additional support at our discretion and deem the number of children per class, taking into consideration the teacher’s experience, the class configuration, and the nature of the child’s needs.