Children attending our Pre-Casa program must be 18 months by August 31st of the enrolling year.
The Pre-Casa class focuses on fostering coordination, control of movement, concentration and independence. It is the child’s natural instinct to repeat activities over and over. The children in the Pre-Casa class are given many opportunities to repeat activities.
Maria Montessori developed a curriculum based on her understanding of child development. Through her extensive observations of children she recognized phases of growth which she called “sensitive periods,” each with characteristics that guide physical and mental development. These periods are recognizable by an intense interest shown by the child for sensorial and abstract experiences.
Benefits of the Montessori Pre-Casa curriculum:
- to encourage intrinsic motivation and spontaneous activity
- to provide sensory education for intellectual development
- to develop confidence and competencies through repetitive concrete exercises and experiences
- to encourage co-operative learning through social interaction
- to provide learning opportunities through physical activity for small and gross motor development
- to provide learning activities for creative expression
(borrowed from the CCMA Montessori Toddler brochure in cooperation with the American Montessori Society)
Our fees offer competitive tuition relating to other independent schools. We will endeavour to maintain a balance of fairness to the school and its employees and to the parents.